Autumn Chicken CasseroleOverview
Preparation 15 minutes
Cook 1 hour 10 minutes
Total time 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 chicken cutlets, skin on
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 Desiree potatoes, peeled coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine
- 1 tbsp Gravox Supreme Chicken Gravy (Box Powder)
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley leaves
- Steamed Green Vegetables and rice to serve
Made With Gravox
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken, in batches, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery and potato to the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in Gravox Supreme Chicken Gravy Powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine stock and tomato paste, add to the pan and stir to combine. Return chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped shallots and sliced green chilli and serve with green vegetables and crusty bread.