Beef & Guinness PiesOverview
Preparation 20 minutes
Cook 2 hours
Total time 2 hours 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1kg diced chuck steak
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup Gravox Brown onion Gravy (Canister Powder)
- 1 cup salt reduced beef stock
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
Made With Gravox
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Brown steak in batches. Set aside.
- Re-heat frying pan over medium heat, add remaining oil, onion and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft. Add Gravox Brown Onion Gravy, stir to combine.
- Return meat and juices to the pan, add Guinness and beef stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 1 ½ hours or until tender and sauce has thickened.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c. Spoon beef mixture into 4 x 1 cup ovenproof ramekins. Cut out 4 circles of ready-rolled puff pastry to cover. Press firmly onto dishes and seal. Brush with egg, place on a tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and heated through.