Chicken & Chorizo GumboOverview
Preparation 25 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
Total time 50 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 4 chorizo sausages, halved, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 red capsicums, halved seeded cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 tbsp Gravox Chicken Gravy (Canister Powder)
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 500ml chicken stock
- 310g can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- Green shallots to garnish
- Steamed rice to serve
Made With Gravox
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minute each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the chorizo to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, or until golden. Transfer to the plate with the chicken.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add the onion, capsicum, cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add the Gravox Chicken Gravy and Cajun spice mix and cook for 30 seconds. Add stock, corn, chicken and chorizo to the pan. Stir to combine. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the mixture reduces slightly and thickens. Season with Saxa Pepper grinder. Garnish with shallots and serve with rice.