Chicken & Mushroom PiesOverview
Preparation 25 minutes
Cook 1 hour
Total time 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stalks removed, diced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Gravox Chicken Gravy Canister
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/3 cup light cooking cream
- 2 sheets frozen short-crust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- Sesame seeds to decorate
Made With Gravox
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to pan. Cook, stirring until mushrooms are tender.
- Return chicken to the pan. Add Gravox Chicken Gravy. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add stock, season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, for 10-15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in cream. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c. Grease 4 x 7.5cm (base) x 11cm (top) pie tins. Cut short crust pastry in half diagonally to form 4 large triangles. Line base and side of 1 pie tin with 1 piece. Trim edge and brush with egg. Repeat with remaining triangles. Spoon chicken mixture into cases.
- Cut puff pastry into 4 squares. Place 1 square over filing. Trim edge. Repeat with remaining puff pastry. Place tins on a baking tray. Brush tops with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve.