Coconut Chicken, Broccoli Salad & GravyOverview
Preparation 20 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
Total time 50 minutes
- 3 rashers rind-less bacon, finely sliced
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup walnut halves, toasted
- ¼ cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- ¼ cup pine-nuts, toasted
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 x 165g Gravox Best Ever Schnitzel Gravy
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
Made With Gravox
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crispy, cool. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add broccoli for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in ice water. When cool, drain again. Combine broccoli with bacon, cherry tomatoes and parsley in a bowl. Combine walnuts, sunflower seeds and pine nuts in a bowl.
- To make dressing: combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar, shake well to combine. Add dressing to salad and half the seed and nut mix. Toss gently. Top salad with remaining seed and nut mix.
- Combine rice flour and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl, season with salt and pepper. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl, and place coconut in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in rice flour mix, shake off excess. Dip in eggs, press into coconut to coat both sides.
- Add oil to a large frying pan so it is 1cm deep. Heat over medium-high heat until sizzling. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Heat Gravox Best Ever Schnitzel Gravy according to packet directions. Serve chicken with broccoli nut salad and Gravox Best Ever Schnitzel Gravy.