Coq Au VinOverview
Preparation 15 minutes
Cook 1 hour
Total time 1 hour 15 minutes
- ¼ cup (30g) plain flour
- 8 small chicken thigh cutlets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 6 small brown pickling onions, halved
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups (500ml) red wine
- 1 cup (250ml) salt reduced chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp Gravox Supreme Chicken Gravy (Box Powder)
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Mashed potato and steamed green beans to serve
Made With Gravox
- Place flour in a snap-lock bag. Season with pepper. Add chicken. Seal, shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add bacon, onion and mushroom to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add wine, stock, bay leaves, thyme sprigs and Gravox Supreme Chicken Gravy Powder. Stir to combine.
- Return chicken to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens. Remove and discard bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Stir in parsley. Sprinkle with extra parsley. Serve with mashed potato and green beans.