Creamy Potato BakeOverview
Preparation 15 minutes
Cook 1 hour
Total time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Spray oil for greasing
- 1 kg Desiree potatoes, peeled, washed, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbs thyme leaves
- Saxa Salt and Pepper Grinders
- 2 x 165g Gravox Cheese Finishing Sauce
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) thickened cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Made With Gravox
- Pre heat oven to 160c. Spray a shallow ovenproof dish with spay oil to grease well.
- Place a layer of potato slices over the base of the greased dish, top with a scattering of onion and thyme leaves. Season well with SAXA Salt and Pepper. Repeat layering with remaining potato slices and onion. Combine GRAVOX Cheese Finishing Sauce and cream together, pour evenly over the potatoes. Top with grated cheese. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until golden and potatoes are very tender when tested with a skewer. Remove from oven, set aside for 10 minutes before serving.