Lamb Casserole with PolentaOverview
Preparation 20 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
Total time 50 minutes
- 8 Lamb mid loin chops
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 250g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Gravox Traditional Salt Reduced Gravy (Canister)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine
- ¾ cup water
- 1 litre salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups instant polenta
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- 1 x 165g Gravox Cheese Finishing Sauce
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Steamed vegetables to serve (optional)
Made With Gravox
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large deep frying pan over medium high heat. Cook lamb in batches for 2 minutes each side. Set aside. Add remaining oil, onion and mushrooms to pan. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Gravox Traditional Salt Reduced Gravy, tomato paste, red wine and water. Bring to the boil. Return lamb to pan. Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes, or until reduced and thickened. Season.
- Meanwhile, place chicken stock in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, gradually add polenta. Cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes or until thick and smooth. Stir through cream and Gravox Cheese Finishing Sauce. Season.
- Divide polenta among plates. Top with lamb casserole. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with steamed vegetables if desired.