Lamb & Pecan PilafOverview
Preparation 25 minutes
Cook 45 minutes
Total time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 750g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 x 165g Gravox Lamb & Rosemary Gravy
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 x 200g lamb back straps
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Flat leaf parsley leaves to garnish
Made With Gravox
- Pre-heat oven to 200c. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin, in a single layer, on tray. Spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until onion is tender. Add coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add rice and stock to pan. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer covered for 10 minutes. Add peas and Gravox Lamb & Rosemary Gravy. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid mostly absorbed. Gently fold in spinach leaves. Remove pan from heat. Cover.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Season both sides of lamb with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Heat remaining packet of Gravox Lamb & Rosemary Gravy according to packet instructions.
- Thinly sliced lamb. Add pumpkin, pecans and lamb to rice mixture. Stir to combine. Garnish with parsley and serve with extra Gravox Lamb & Rosemary Gravy.