Lamb Shank SoupOverview
Preparation 12 minutes
Cook 2 hours 30 minutes
Total time 2 hours 40 minutes
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 celery sticks, trimmed, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 parsnip, peeled, diced
- 1 x 700g jar tomato passata
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Gravox Traditional Gravy (Box Powder)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crusty bread to serve (optional)
Made With Gravox
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Season lamb shanks and cook for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove from pan. Add leek, garlic, celery, carrots and parsnips to pan, cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add lamb shanks back to pan.
- Pour in passata and chicken stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 2 ½ hours or until the lamb is tender and falling away from the bone.
- Transfer lamb shanks to a bowl, cool slightly, remove the bones and shred the meat.
- Add Gravox Traditional Gravy to the saucepan, whisk to combine. Add meat back to saucepan, cook for a further 2 minutes or until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine parsley, garlic and lemon rind in a small bowl. Top soup with parsley mix. Serve with crusty bread if desired.