Lamb Shepherds PieOverview
Preparation 15 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
Total time 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp Gravox Lamb and Rosemary Gravy (Canister Powder)
- 2 cups (500ml) salt reduced beef stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup (125g) pureed tomatoes
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup cream
- 20g butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups (115g) grated cheddar cheese
Made With Gravox
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and carrot, stirring for 1 minute or until tender. Increase heat to high. Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add zucchini, rosemary and Gravox Lamb and Rosemary Gravy powder. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually add stock, stirring constantly, until combined. Add Worcestershire sauce and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes or until thick.
- Meanwhile, cook cauliflower and garlic in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool 10 minutes. Place cauliflower and garlic in a food processor with cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Process.
- Transfer lamb mixture to a 5cm-deep (6 cup capacity) pie dish. Top with cauliflower mash and cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until mash is golden and cheese melted. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or salad if desired.