Preparation 15 minutes
Cook 2 hours 20 minutes
Total time 2 hours 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40g butter
- 4 x 200g lamb forequarter chops
- 2 brown onions, peeled, finely sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely sliced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp Gravox Traditional Gravy (Box Powder)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 medium Desiree potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
Made With Gravox
- Pre heat oven to 180c. Heat 1 tbsp oil and 20g butter in a heavy based flameproof casserole dish over medium high heat. Cook lamb chops, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan with onion, celery, carrot and thyme. Cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add Gravox Traditional Gravy Powder. Cook stirring for 1 minute. Stir in stock and Worcestershire sauce. Return chops to pan. Remove from heat. Arrange potatoes in an overlapping pattern on top. Cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase temperature to 220°c. Melt remaining butter, brush potatoes with melted butter. Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden and chops tender.
- Serve with steamed green vegetables or salad if desired.