Lemon Chicken with Lentil Salad & Chicken GravyOverview
Preparation 20 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
Total time 40 minutes
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated and juiced
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to season
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup brown lentils, cooked to instructions on packet & drained
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 ½ tbsp Gravox Chicken Canister Gravy
- 100g baby English spinach leaves
Made With Gravox
- Pre-heat oven to 220c. Mix the lemon zest, juice and olive oil in a bowl, add the chicken and coat well, cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan over a high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, place skin side down and sear until golden. Turn chicken over and cook for another minute.
- Place pan in the oven and cook the chicken for about 10-12 minutes, until the chicken feels firm to the touch and is cooked through. Remove from the oven, rest for 5 minutes before slicing the chicken on the diagonal.
- Lentil Salad: whisk the mustard, olive oil and vinegar together in a small bowl until combined. Combine the vinaigrette in a bowl with the warm lentils, red onion and herbs.
- Make Gravox Chicken Gravy according to canister directions.
- To serve: put a handful of spinach leaves onto each plate, top with lentil salad, then chicken. Drizzle over Gravox Chicken Gravy.