Preparation 1 hour
Cook 30 minutes
Total time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 60 g finely grated Parmesan
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 x 165g Gravox Cheese Finishing sauce
- Fresh herbs, to serve
- Parmesan, shaved, to serve
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- 1 x 165g packet Gravox cheese sauce
- 150g frozen spinach, well drained
- 150g marinated fetta, drained
Made With Gravox
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and line a 28 x 32cm shallow Swiss roll tin with non-stick baking paper. Melt butter in a small pan over low-medium heat, add flour and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk. Return to heat, cook, whisking continuously, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat. Stir in half the parmesan and egg yolks. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Whisk eggwhites in a large, clean bowl until firm peaks form. Fold a third of the beaten egg whites into the cheese mixture, then fold in the remaining mixture in 2 batches using a large metal spoon. Pour the mixture into prepared tray and carefully spread to the edges. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, for pumpkin filling, cook the pumpkin in salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain, mash and stir in ½ packet of Gravox Cheese Finishing sauce and cream. Season well and set aside.
- For the spinach filling, place spinach in a bowl with the feta cheese and ½ packet Gravox cheese Finishing Sauce, mix to combine.
- Place a clean tea towel on a work surface. Lay over a large sheet of non-stick baking paper. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Turn the roulade onto the tea towel and remove the baked on paper. Starting from the shortest side closest to you and using the tea-towel as a guide, carefully roll up the roulade with the clean sheet of baking paper enclosed. Leave for 3-4 minutes. Carefully unroll and leave to cool slightly for 3-5 minutes. Spread the sweet potato filling evenly over the roulade and top with the spinach mixture. Reroll the roulade this time without the paper and the filling is enclosed. Serve topped with some fresh herbs and parmesan shavings. Heat Gravox Cheese Finishing sauce according to packet directions, serve with roulade.