Savoury Bread PuddingOverview
Preparation 20 minutes
Cook 1 hour
Total time 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup thickened light cooking cream
- 2 x 165g Gravox Cheese Finishing Sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
Made With Gravox
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c. Lightly grease a 10-cup capacity ovenproof dish with oil.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo, onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5-8 minutes or soft. Drain on a tray lined with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, wish milk, cream, Gravox Cheese Finishing Sauce, eggs and herbs in a large jug. Layer bread in prepared dish. Spoon chorizo mixture between slices. Pour over egg mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Season with pepper.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until golden and just set. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.