Slow Roasted Pork ShoulderOverview
Preparation 15 minutes
Cook 4 hours 20 minutes
Total time 4 hours 35 minutes
- 1 tbs ground fennel
- 1 ½ tsp Saxa Sea Salt
- 1.7kg boneless pork roast shoulder, rind on
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, thickly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 garlic bulbs, halved
- 3 bay leaves
- 250ml (1cup) water
- 1 x 165g Gravox Roast Pork Liquid Gravy
Made With Gravox
- Pre-heat oven to 180c. Combine ground fennel and Saxa Sea Salt in a small bowl. Place pork, rind-side up, on a clean work surface. Use a sharp knife to score the rind, into the fat layer, at 1 cm intervals.
- Place pork, rind side up, in a flameproof roasting pan. Rub te fennl mixture into the cuts. Season with Saxa pepper. roast for 30 minutes or until the rind starts to crackle.
- Reduce oven to 160c. cover pork with 2 layers of foil. Forest for 2 hours. Transfer the pork to a plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the excess ft from the pan. Add the onion, carrot, cerley, garlic and bay leaves to the pan and stir to combine. Place pork on top of the vegetables. Cover with foil. Roast for a futher 1 ¾ hours or until the pork is very tender.
- Place pork on a clean chopping board. Cover with foil to keep warm. Place roasting pan over medium-high heat. Stir in water. Bring to the boil, scraping to dislodge any bits that have cooked onto the base. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced and thickened slightly. Strain through a fine sieve into a saucepan, add Gravox Roast Pork Liquid Gravy and stir to combine, cook for 2 minute to heat through.
- Serve pork with Gravy and steamed vegetables.