Smashed Potato Colcannon and EggsOverview
Preparation 10 minutes
Cook 15 minutes
Total time 25 minutes
- 600g chat potatoes, washed and halved
- 400g cabbage, washed, trimmed and finely shredded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, cut into 2cm slices
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 25g butter
- 1 x 165g Gravox White and Parsley Finishing Sauce
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to season
- Parsley leaves to garnish
Made With Gravox
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes. Add the cabbage to the same pan and cover with boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain again.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry bacon for 3-4 minutes or until lightly coloured. Add the spring onion to the frying pan and heat through, stirring.
- Heat saucepan over medium heat, add butter and potatoes. Lightly crush potatoes roughly with a potato masher. Gently stir in cabbage, bacon, onions and half the Gravox White with Parsley Finishing Sauce. Keep warm on a very low heat.
- Crack eggs into the gently simmering water and poach for 3 minutes. Spoon the colcannon onto serving plates. Remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and place on top. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle remaining Gravox White with Parsley Finishing Sauce over, garnish with parsley leaves and serve.