Spicy Beef & Potato PiesOverview
Preparation 25 minutes
Cook 1 hour
Total time 1 hour 25 minutes
- olive oil to grease
- 2 sheets frozen short crust pastry, just thawed
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g beef mince
- 400mls salt reduced beef stock
- 2 tbsp Gravox Supreme Gravy (Box Powder)
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 20g butter
- Salt and White Pepper to season
Made With Gravox
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c. Brush eight ½ cup capacity pie tins with oil. Use a 12cm round pastry cutter to cut 4 discs from each pastry sheet. Line the prepared tins with pastry. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 4 minutes or until the mince changes colour. Stir in stock, cook for 10 minutes or until reduced. Add Gravox Supreme Gravy Powder, chilli flakes and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add the milk and butter. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper
- Divide the mince mixture among the pastry cases. Top with mash. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.