Spinach & Cheese Cob Dip LoafOverview
Preparation 15 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
Total time 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 baby fennel, trimmed, finely sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 165g Gravox Cheese Finishing Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 large round cob loaf (450g)
- Vegetable crudités to serve
Made With Gravox
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and fennel, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add spinach and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Combine the spinach mixture, Gravox Cheese Finishing Sauce, sour cream, grated cheese, mustard and ¼ cup dill in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a serrated knife to cut 4cm from the top of the cob loaf and reserve. Remove the bread from the centre of the loaf, laving a 2cm-thick shell. Tear bread pieces into 3cm pieces. Spoon the spinach mixture into the bread shell. Top with the reserved bread top. Place cob dip on prepared tray. Arrange bread pieces around the cob. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with remaining dill. Serve with torn bread and vegetable crudités.