Asparagus and Cheese RisottoOverview
Preparation 15 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
Total time 45 minutes
- 1 litre salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1 leek, pale section only, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Gravox Cheese Finishing Sauce Canister
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, extra to shave
- shredded fresh basil to garnish
Made With Gravox
- Bring stock to the boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat and hold at a gentle simmer.
- Heat the oil and half the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook leek and garlic, stirring, for 5 minute or until soft and translucent. Add the rice and cook, stirring for 2-3 minute or until the grains are coated.
- Add wine and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. Add 1 ladleful of simmer stock to the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until the liquid is absorbed. Add the stock, 1 ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Continue for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender yet firm to the bite and the risotto is creamy, adding asparagus and peas with the last ladleful of stock.
- Stir in Gravox Cheese Finishing Sauce. Cook, stirring for a further minute. Remove from heat, stir in parmesan, parsley and remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper. Divide risotto among serving bowls. Top with extra parmesan and basil.