Crispy Skin ChickenOverview
Preparation 10 minutes (plus 3 hours marinating)
Cook 50 minutes
Total time 4 hours
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- ½ tsp Saxa Salt
- ½ tsp Saxa ground black pepper
- 1 ½ kg chicken pieces, skin on
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Gravox Supreme Chicken Gravy (Box Powder)
- Steamed rice to serve
Made With Gravox
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, 1 tbsp shaoxing wine, 1 tbsp soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, five spice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Score chicken pieces in several places. Place in a shallow dish and rub marinade all over chicken to coat well. Chill, covered for 2-3 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 220c. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook chicken, 3-4 minutes, each side, until skin is golden and crisp. Transfer to baking dish, skin side up. Bake, 35-40 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a platter, cover with foil to keep warm
- Drain pan juices into a saucepan add Gravox Supreme Chicken Gravy Powder, mix well to make a smooth paste. Cook for 30 seconds on low heat, stirring continuously. Gradually add ¾ cup (185ml) of water. Bring to the boil; add remaining shaoxing wine and soy sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with rice.