Lamb Shanks with Roasted TomatoesOverview
Preparation 10 minutes
Cook 2 hours 30 minutes
Total time 2 hours 40 minutes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 French trimmed lamb shanks
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 800mls chicken stock
- 2 x 165g Gravox Lamb & Rosemary Gravy
- 1 cup dried puy lentils
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbs rosemary leaves, chopped
- Crusty bread and mash potatoes to serve
- SAXA salt and pepper to season
Made With Gravox
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook lamb shanks, in 2 batches, turning for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a large ovenproof dish.
- Reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add chicken stock, GRAVOX Lamb & Rosemary Gravy and 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil. Carefully pour stock mixture over lamb in dish. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1 ½ hours.
- And lentils to lamb. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until lamb is tender and starting to fall from the bone
- Meanwhile, line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place tomatoes on prepared tray. Season with SAXA salt. Place in oven with lamb. Bake for 15 minutes or until tomatoes just start to collapse. Stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add lemon rind, juice, parsley and rosemary. Toss to combine. Spoon tomato mixture over lamb in dish. Serve with mash potatoes, salad leaves and crusty bread.