Roast Beef with Roast Meat GravyOverview
Preparation 20 minutes
Cook 1 hour 30 minutes
Total time 1 hour 50 minutes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs dried rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind of 2 limes
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1.5kg topside roast
- ¾ cup (185ml) salt-reduced beef stock
- 60ml (¼ cup) pan juices
- 1 ½ tbsp Gravox Roast Meat Gravy (Canister Powder)
- 125ml (½ cup) salt-reduced beef stock
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
Made With Gravox
- Pre-heat oven to 160c fan forced. Put a wire rack in a small roasting pan.
- Put oil, rosemary, garlic and lime zest in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, stir to combine. Rub rosemary mixture all over beef. Put beef on the rack. Pour beef stock into base of pan.
- Roast beef for 20-25 minutes per 500g for rare, 25-30 minutes for medium or 30-35 minutes per 500g for well done. Transfer beef to a large plate or carving tray. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make gravy, put pan juices and Gravox Roast Meat Gravy Powder in a medium saucepan. Whisk to combine. Whisk in beef stock. Put pan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove pan from heat. Whisk in mustard. Pour gravy through a small sieve into a serving jug.
- Carve beef. Serve with roast pumpkin and roast potatoes.